How to cook French Shark with Green Beans
- 4 (4-5 ounces) rough hound shark or dogfish fillets, rinsed in cool water and patted dry
- Vegetable or olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon plus 1 tablespoon chopped, divided
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush medium roasting pan with a bit of oil.
- Place the shark fillets and tarragon sprigs in pan. Drizzle fish with 4 tablespoons butter and lemon juice. Sprinkle fish with salt.
- Bake until flesh flakes easily, 20 - 30 minutes. Check fish after 10 minutes, if pan is dry, pour a few tablespoons of water into bottom of pan.
- Cook beans in large pan of boiling salted water just until crisp-tender, 5 - 7 minutes. Drain beans and immediately toss with remaining two tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle with parsley and salt, toss again.
- Divide beans among 4 individual serving plates. Arrange one baked shark fillet on each plate. Whisk 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon into fish cooking juices and adjust seasoning before spooning juices over fish. Serve immediately.
The French name for the Shark with Green Beans dish is Saumonette avec Haricots Verts
This recipe for French Shark with Green Beans serves/makes: 4
The French Shark with Green Beans recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shark
Preparation Method: Baked