How to cook French Smoked Salmon Canapes with Caviar
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 12 (about 1/4-inch-thick) slices challah bread
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 12 teaspoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons (about) black caviar
- 24 dill sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (200°C).
- Using 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 24 rounds from bread slices.
- Place bread rounds on baking sheet.
- Brush rounds with melted butter. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Spread 1/4 teaspoon creme fraiche atop each bread round.
- Fold salmon slices decoratively atop creme fraiche.
- Top each with another 1/4 teaspoon creme fraiche, then 1/4 teaspoon caviar.
- Garnish each round with 1 dill sprig.
The French Smoked Salmon Canapes with Caviar recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The French name for this recipe is Canapes De Saumon Fume Au Caviar
This recipe for French Smoked Salmon Canapes with Caviar serves/makes: 24 canapes
The French Smoked Salmon Canapes with Caviar recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked