How to cook French Sole with Mushrooms and Asparagus
- 8 Dover sole fillets (about 1 pound total), each fillet folded in half
- 24 thin asparagus spears
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 12 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded peeled tomatoes (about 2 large)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cut 2-inch-long tips from asparagus spears (reserve remaining asparagus pices for another use). Cook asparagus tips in saucepan of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Place asparagus tips in bowl filled with ice water to cool. Drain. Set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add asparagus tips, 3 tablespoons butter and tomatoes; stir until butter melts and vegetables are heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in another large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add folded sole fillets to skillet and cook until just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place 2 sole fillets in center of each of 4 plates. Top with mushroom mixture, dividing equally. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The French Sole with Mushrooms and Asparagus recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The French name for this recipe is Sole Aux Pleurottes Et Asperges
This recipe for French Sole with Mushrooms and Asparagus serves/makes: 4
The French Sole with Mushrooms and Asparagus recipe is adopted from The Cook Your Way to a Happy Ending.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered