How to cook French Tuna Anchovy and Vegetable Salad
- 8 ounces canned tuna chunks
- 12 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 green peppers
- 8 small ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 4-5 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium purple onion, thinly sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 3 ounces black olives
- Crusty French bread, to serve
- 4 ounces extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 basil leaves, shredded
- Cut the anchovy fillets in half lengthwise.
- Drain and flake the tuna.
- Remove the cores, seeds and white membranes from the peppers and cut the flesh into rings or strips.
- Arrange all the salad ingredients attractively in a wide salad bowl, placing the anchovy fillets on top of the tuna and eggs. Scatter with olives.
- Prepare the dressing: Beat all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour evenly over the salad (it is not necessary to toss it) and serve with crusty French bread.
The French Tuna Anchovy and Vegetable Salad recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The French name for this recipe is Salade Nicoise
This recipe for French Tuna Anchovy and Vegetable Salad serves/makes: 6
The French Tuna Anchovy and Vegetable Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Salad