How to cook Fresh Bass and Salt Pork Soup
- 2 pounds fresh sea bass fillets
- 3 slices boiled salt pork
- 2 cups sliced potatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups hot milk
- 1 teaspoon savory
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Cut salt pork into 1 1/2 inch squares and brown in a skillet; set aside.
- Cut the sea bass fillets into 1-inch pieces.
- Make alternate layers of potatoes, onions and fish in a kettle.
- Add salt pork and cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Add milk, savory and butter. Do not mix; simply keep warm until ready to serve.
The Fresh Bass and Salt Pork Soup recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Fresh Bass and Salt Pork Soup serves/makes: 8
The Fresh Bass and Salt Pork Soup recipe is adopted from The Native Indian Cookbook - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew