How to cook Fresh Pineapple Lobster Salad
- 2 (8-ounce / 225-g each) lobster tails, boiled
- 2 medium-size fresh pineapples, with leaves
- 2 apples
- 1 tablespoons (15 mL) freshly chopped tarragon (1 teaspoon / 5 mL dried)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped parsley
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- Cut pineapples, lengthwise, into 4 equal parts.
- Remove and throw away hard center of pineapples.
- Remove pineapple meat, keeping shells intact reserve.
- Peel apples remove hearts.
- Remove all meat from lobster tails.
- Cut lobster meat, apples and pineapple meat into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
- Into a medium bowl, mix together lobster meat, apples and pineapple cubes.
- Well mix in tarragon and parsley.
- Refrigerate, covered, for quite a few hours, until really cold.
- Into a small bowl, well mix together mayonnaise, ketchup, Cointreau and Port wine.
- Refrigerate, covered, until really cold.
- Just before serving, delicately mix together lobster meat mixture and salad dressing.
- Fill pineapple shells with salad and serve.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ketchup
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Cointreau liqueur
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Port wine
This recipe for Fresh Pineapple Lobster Salad serves/makes: 8
The Fresh Pineapple Lobster Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Salad