How to cook Fried Abalone Steaks with Lemon Sauce
- 1 pound raw abalone steaks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot. Coat the abalone steaks lightly with flour.
- Fry the steaks in oil until golden brown on both sides. Remove and blot excess oil on paper towels and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the water and cornstarch, and mix until well blended. Stir in the lemon peel, lemon juice, sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened; stirring constantly. Add the parsley and butter, stirring until butter is melted.
- Pour this lemon sauce over the fried abalone steaks and serve.
The Fried Abalone Steaks with Lemon Sauce recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Fried Abalone Steaks with Lemon Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Fried Abalone Steaks with Lemon Sauce recipe is adopted from The Abalone Lover's Cookbook by Jeri Siegel and Michael Hill.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed