How to cook Fried Abalone with Sundried Tomatoes and Capers
- 1 abalone, shelled and rinsed
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 ounce capers
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a shallow bowl, beat 1 egg and set aside.
- Pour panko breadcrumbs on a plate and set aside.
- Pound the abalone whole several times with a meat tenderizer, then slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Lightly pound the slices to tenderize.
- Add half of the canola oil to a medium skillet and heat on medium-high.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and capers to the skillet.
- Coat each abalone slice in egg and dip each side in the breadcrumbs.
- Toss the breaded abalone onto the skillet a few at a time, giving each room to cook.
- Cook for 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Use the remaining oil as needed.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the fried abalone just before serving.
- Serve hot.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
The Fried Abalone with Sundried Tomatoes and Capers recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Fried Abalone with Sundried Tomatoes and Capers serves/makes: 4 servings
The Fried Abalone with Sundried Tomatoes and Capers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed