How to cook Fried Alligator with Horseradish Sauce
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen unseasoned alligator
- Seasoned Meat Tenderizer, to taste
- All purpose flour
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Black pepper, to taste
- Horseradish Sauce (see the recipe below)
Horseradish Sauce Ingredients:
- After thawing, sprinkle alligator meat with tenderizer. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Season flour in zip lock bag to taste with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Marinate meat in buttermilk overnight or for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Place meat in flour and shake bag to coat well.
- Heat cooking oil to 350°F (180°C) and cook until golden brown.
- Do not overcook. Try a couple of pieces first to get the desired frying time. (Meat should be moist, tender, and have the color and consistency of chicken when properly cooked.)
- Serve with Horseradish Sauce.
How to cook Horseradish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Dash of dry mustard
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
The Fried Alligator with Horseradish Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
is low in fat and calories and high in protein. A 100gm alligator
serving has 143 calories and 65 mg cholesterol, both less than chicken. Alligator
is also an excellent source of niacin, the B12 vitamins, potassium, and phosphorous minerals.
This recipe for Fried Alligator with Horseradish Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Fried Alligator with Horseradish Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Wild Game
(more Wild Game
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed