3 - 4 servings
How to cook Fried Catfish and Scallops with Mushrooms
- 3 - 4 catfish fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound scallops
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried basil
- 1 cup beer, room temperature
- Combine cornmeal, salt and pepper. Blend milk and egg in small bowl.
- Dip catfish fillets into the mixture, then roll in corn meal.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium high heat; fry fillets until cooked to a golden brown on both sides and done all the way trough.
- Transfer the fillets to a warm platter and keep them warm.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and cook over medium heat until firm and opaque. Use slotted spoon to place scallops on top of the fillets.
- Now add the mushrooms to the skillet and salt and pepper to taste and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Then add the beer to the skillet cook over high heat until the liquid is almost gone.
- Spoon the mushrooms on top of the fish and scallops and then enjoy.
- Serve the Fried Catfish and Scallops with Mushrooms hot.
The Fried Catfish and Scallops with Mushrooms recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Fried Catfish and Scallops with Mushrooms serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Fried Catfish and Scallops with Mushrooms recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Fish Traditions: Member Recipes.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed