6 (allow about 12 clams for each person)
How to cook Fried Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell Clams
- 1 quart fresh shucked Chesapeake Bay soft shell clams, drained
- About 4 cups dry pancake mix, any type
- Fat or oil, for frying
- Put pancake mix into a large shallow bowl. Add clams, a few at a time and toss lightly until well coated. Shake off excess breading in wire basket.
- Fry in deep fat at 375°F (190°C) until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat process until all clams are cooked. Salt lightly.
- Serve the Fried Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell Clams at once with lemons, cocktail sauce, or by dipping in melted butter.
The Fried Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell Clams recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Equal results may be obtained by frying clams in 1 to 2 inches hot fat or oil in a large frying pan. Keep turning clams until browned.
This recipe for Fried Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell Clams serves/makes: 6 (allow about 12 clams for each person)
The Fried Chesapeake Bay Soft Shell Clams recipe is adopted from The Chesapeake Bay Fish & Fowl Cookbook by Joan & Joe Foley.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried