How to cook Fried Fish Reuben Tacos
- 4 flounder fillets (about 6 ounces each), 1-inch thick
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 3/4 cups club soda
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (large) dill pickle, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1 cup microgreens or baby arugula
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and a pinch of salt. With a fork, blend in the club soda until incorporated; it’s OK if the batter is lumpy. Let rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle and ketchup and season with salt. In a deep fryer or a very large saucepan, heat 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil to 375°. Pat the flounder dry and season lightly with salt. Dip 2 of the fillets in the batter and let any excess drip off. Fry the fish, turning once, until golden brown and crisp, about 2 1/2 minutes. Drain the fish on a rack set over a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining fish fillets and batter.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven for about 40 seconds, until hot and pliable. Spread the Russian dressing on the tortillas. Top with the sauerkraut, fried flounder, Jarlsberg cheese and microgreens. Fold the tortilla over the fillings and serve the Fried Fish Reuben Tacos right away.
The Fried Fish Reuben Tacos is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Fried Fish Reuben Tacos serves/makes: 4 sandwiches
The Fried Fish Reuben Tacos recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Sandwich