6 - 8 servings
How to cook Fried Hoki with Fruit Sauce
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds hoki (blue hake) bodies (cleaned, without head and tail), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound pineapple, diced
- 1/2 pound apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- Starch for breading
- Olive oil for frying
- Make several diagonal slashes on each side of fish pieces; season with salt and roll in the dry starch.
- Heat the fruits in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Add the garlic, sugar, tomato paste and lemon juice. Season with a little salt.
- Bring to a boil; pour vodka and remove from heat.
- Fry fish on both sides until golden brown. Place the fried fish on a serving plate and pour over it the hot fruit sauce.
- Serve the Fried Hoki with Fruit Sauce hot with steamed or boiled white rice, garnished with fresh greens.
The Fried Hoki with Fruit Sauce
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Fried Hoki with Fruit Sauce serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Fried Hoki with Fruit Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Hake
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed