How to cook Fried Mackerel in Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 fresh short-bodied mackerel
- 1 coriander plant
- 4 red spur chilies
- 7 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 table spoon cooking oil
- Wash and clean the mackerel.
- Heat 3 tablespoonful of the oil in a wok. When it is hot, fry the fish golden brown, remove, and set aside.
- Pour the chilies and garlic well.
- Heat 2 tablespoonful of the oil in a wok. When hot, stir fry the pounded garlic and chili until fragrant, add the tamarind juice, fish sauce, and sugar, and mix.
- Return the fried mackerel to the wok, add the water, simmer to allow the sauce to penetrate the fish, taste and season additionally as desired, and then turn off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander greens before serving.
The Thai name for Fried Mackerel in Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe is Pla Thu Priao Wan.
This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Fried Mackerel in Sweet and Sour Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Fried Mackerel in Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed