4 - 6
How to cook Fried Marinated Tilapia
- 4-6 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- Mince the garlic into fine pieces.
- Chop the parsley into fine pieces.
- Place the garlic and the parsley in a large jar. It must be a jar with a tight fitting lid, since you will need to shake it later.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the jar.
- Add olive oil, red wine or balsamic vinegar, oregano, black pepper and Tabasco.
- Put the lid on the jar and shake it well.
- Marinate the tilapia fillets in the marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the tilapia fillets from the marinade and fry or grill them. A medium thick tilapia fillet will usually require 2-3 minutes of cooking per side.
Use this marinade for tilapia to enhance the taste of the tilapia fillets before you cook them. Flavor filled ingredients such as Tabasco and garlic are important elements in this marinade, but this marinade for tilapia will not only add flavor, it will also keep the fish juicy and prevent the tilapia fillets from becoming dry when you fry or grill them. This marinade for tilapia must be prepared at least 30 minutes before you plan to grill or fry your tilapia fillets, since the fillets need to soak in the marine for 20-30 minutes.
This recipe for Fried Marinated Tilapia serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Fried Marinated Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed