How to cook Fried Oyster Fritters
- 1 quart shucked oysters, liquor reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- Crisco shortening, for frying (as needed)
- Beat egg, salt, pepper, baking powder, and pancake mix. Add half-and-half. Beat until smooth.
- Add oysters and liquor. Stir until oysters are mixed well.
- In cast-iron, or heavy skillet, melt Crisco (about 1/2 inch). Drop oysters in hot oil. They will spread out like a flat fritter. Fry until cooked through.
- Serve while hot, with pickled relish and cocktail sauce.
The Fried Oyster Fritters recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Fried Oyster Fritters serves/makes: 4 servings
This Fried Oyster Fritters old recipe is used by Hooper's Island, Maryland cooks.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed