4 - 6 servings
How to cook Fried Potato Coated Walleye Fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds walleye fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garlic powder
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- Oil for frying
- Lemon wedges or Tartar Sauce (see the recipe below) for garnish
Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- Combine flour and seasonings in a shallow bowl.
- Put potato flakes on a plate.
- Dredge fillets in the flour mixture, dip in eggs, and then roll in potato flakes. Heat about 1/2-inch of oil in a large skillet.
- Fry fillets a couple minutes per side, until golden brown, and drain on paper towel covered plate. Serve Fried Potato Coated Walleye Fillets with lemon wedges or tartar sauce.
How to cook Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon or white table vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For an added kick, add some capers or horseradish
- To make a simple Tartar Sauce combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
The Fried Potato Coated Walleye Fillets is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Fried Potato Coated Walleye Fillets serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Fried Potato Coated Walleye Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed