How to cook Fried Shad Roe with Tomato Sauce
- 1 set of shad roes
- 1 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Frying oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the shad roe and cook 10-15 minutes in boiling salted water with a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Pour off the water and then plunge into cold water.
- Drain on a towel
- Roll in beaten egg and fine cracker crumbs, well seasoned.
- Fry in very hot frying oil.
- Serve the fried shad roe with tomato sauce poured around it.
The Fried Shad Roe with Tomato Sauce a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 25 minutes.
The roe (eggs) from shad is considered choice, on the same culinary plane as caviar, although used somewhat differently. In addition to being used for hors d'oeuvres and garnishes, shad roe can be sauteed, baked in sauce, broiled and fried. It was traditionally served with scrambled eggs as a breakfast treat.
This recipe for Fried Shad Roe with Tomato Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Fried Shad Roe with Tomato Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed