How to cook Fried Spanish Mackerel with Cheese Sauce
- 4 Spanish mackerel (tanigue) steaks, each no thicker than 1/2 inch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Torn parsley leaves, to garnish
For Cheese Sauce:
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, cut into small pieces and softened
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup whole milk
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Rinse the fish steaks under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Over high heat, pan fry the fish steaks, about 2 minutes on each side, until golden. DO NOT OVERCOOK to avoid drying the fish.
- Arrange the fish on a serving plate.
- Turn the heat down to low. To the remaining butter in the pan, add about 1/2 cup of milk. Drop the pieces of cream cheese and cook the sauce gently, stirring often, until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and thickened. If too thick, add more milk little by little until the right consistency is acquired.
- Turn off the heat. Season the cheese sauce with salt. Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Pour the sauce over and around the fried fish. Garnish the Fried Spanish Mackerel with Cheese Sauce with torn parsley leaves.
The Fried Spanish Mackerel with Cheese Sauce
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Fried Spanish Mackerel with Cheese Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Fried Spanish Mackerel with Cheese Sauce recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed