How to cook Fried Spanish Mackerel with Wasabi Mayo
- 3 Spanish mackerel (tanigue) steaks, each about 1 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (or more) wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Rice vinegar (or lemon, lime or calamansi juice) to taste
- Rinse the fish steaks under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat cooking oil and sesame oil together. Pan fry the fish steaks over high heat, about 3 minutes per side (it's a crime to overcook fish, seriously).
- While the fish steaks are frying, mix together mayonnaise, wasabi paste, parsley and enough rice vinegar to make the mixture just pourable. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Serve the fried Spanish mackerel steaks over freshly steamed white rice. Drizzle wasabi mayo over fish.
- For added texture and flavor, top with toasted seaweeds and sesame seeds, if desired.
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 6 mins Total time: 11 mins
The Fried Spanish Mackerel with Wasabi Mayo quick, simple and easy to cook fish dish. The blending of the flavors from all the ingredients are perfect, so try this recipe and enjoy a good meal with your family.
is just mayonnaise mixed with wasabi paste. They’re great together just like that. But to give the sauce a kick, I added rice vinegar. Not much. Just enough to thin out the sauce and make it pourable. Rice vinegar is mild and a bit sweet so, if you prefer something more tart, use lemon, lime or calamansi juice. That should add punch to the kick.
This recipe for Fried Spanish Mackerel with Wasabi Mayo serves/makes: 3 servings
The Fried Spanish Mackerel with Wasabi Mayo recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed