How to cook Fried Squid (Kalamaria Tiganita)
- 1 1/2 pounds (700 g) squid (calamari) tubes
- 1/2 cup sine semolina
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 ml) olive oil, for frying
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Cut each tube open, score shallow criss-cross pattern on inside surface, cut into 1 x 2 inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the semolina, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Dip squid into semolina and when oil in hot, cook a few at a time (until lightly brown and crisp).
- Drain on absorbent towel and serve with lemon wedges.
The Greek Pan Fried Squid (Kalamaria Tiganita) is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Fried Squid (Kalamaria Tiganita) serves/makes: 4
The Fried Squid (Kalamaria Tiganita) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed