How to cook Fried Striped Bass Fingers
- 1 1/2 pounds of skinless Striped Bass fillets, cut into 3x1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of fine cracker crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- lemon wedges
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. Crack the eggs into another shallow bowl and beat well. Put the cracker crumbs in a third bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the fish strips in the flour. Dip the strips in the beaten eggs and then coat completely with the seasoned crumbs. Place the fish fingers on a large baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour (or overnight) .
- In a medium saucepan, heat 2 inches of oil to 375 degrees F. Fry the fish fingers 4 or 5 at a time until golden brown and just cooked through, about three minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried fish to paper towels to drain.
- Serve the Fried Striped Bass Fingers at once with lemon wedges and tartar sauce or shrimp cocktail sauce.
The Fried Striped Bass Fingers recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
This recipe for Fried Striped Bass Fingers serves/makes: 8
The Fried Striped Bass Fingers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried