How to cook Fried Tilapia with Lemon-Caper Pan Sauce
- 1 tilapia fillet (thawed if frozen)
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Rinse the fish fillet under running cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Tilapia meat has tender, even slightly sweet taste, so I used only basic spices - salt and black pepper).
- Then roll the tilapia fillet in flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook the tilapia in the hot oil until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- While the fish is cooking, prepare a quick lemon-caper sauce.
- In another pan melt the butter, squeeze the juice of half a lemon, add capers and finely chopped parsley (I didn’t use parsley, because my children don't like it). Stir and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the fried tilapia to a plate and pour the lemon-caper sauce over it.
- Serve right away with an easy side dish of your choice, for example mashed or boiled potatoes, and fresh vegetables.
- It goes well with a glass of cold dry white wine.
The Fried Tilapia
with Lemon-Caper Pan Sauce recipe is easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Fried Tilapia with Lemon-Caper Pan Sauce serves/makes: 1 serving
The Fried Tilapia with Lemon-Caper Pan Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed