3 - 4 servings
How to cook Fried Tilapia with Thick Sauce
- 1 large size whole tilapia
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey (can be replaced with sugar according to your taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped spring onion for garnishing
- Scale, clean and pat dry the tilapia.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish including the stomach with salt and pepper.
- Fry fish and place in a platter. Set aside.
- To make a sauce, in a bowl combine the oyster sauce, water, tomato sauce, honey, salt and pepper then set aside.
- Saute the garlic, then put the sauce mixture, let simmer for a minute, then add the fried tilapia.
- Let simmer for few minutes, then increase the heat to allow some liquid to evaporate to thicken the sauce, after attaining the texture of the sauce turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle the Fried Tilapia with Thick Sauce with spring onion then serve with steamed white rice.
The Fried Tilapia with Thick Sauce
recipe easy to cook and so good!
Don't be afraid to substitute pompano, bangus (milkfish) or any other popular fish for tilapia
This recipe for Fried Tilapia with Thick Sauce serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Fried Tilapia with Thick Sauce recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook by Reynaldo Alejandro.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered