How to cook Fried Tilapia with White Bread
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 4 slices of white bread
- Create a spice blend by pouring paprika powder, salt, onion powder, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, celery seed and garlic powder into a jar with a lid. Shake them until they are blended.
- Use the spice blend to coat the Tilapia fillets, and let them sit for 30 minutes in room temperature.
- Slice the lemon into wedges.
- Heat up a frying pan over high heat.
- Pour the oil into the frying pan and place the Tilapia fillets in the pan when the oil is so hot it is nearly smoking.
- Fry the Tilapia fillets until the fillets look opaque and can be easily flaked with a fork. This will usually take around 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the Tilapia fillets and place each fillet on a slice of bread.
- Pour the remaining content of the frying pan over the Tilapia fillets and the bread, and squeeze lemon juice over the Blackened Tilapia from the lemon wedges.
- Enjoy the tasty Blackened Tilapia immediately.
You will only need 10 minutes to prepare tilapia and it will be ready to eat after just another 8 minutes in the frying pan.
This recipe for Fried Tilapia with White Bread serves/makes: 4
The Fried Tilapia with White Bread recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed