How to cook Fried Trout Steaks in Onion-Parsley Marinade
- 3 trout or salmon steaks, about 6 ounces in weight and 1 inch thick each
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 7-9 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 4-6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons oil for frying
- Rinse the fish steaks under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- To make the marinade, mix together the chopped onion, parsley, lemon juice and black pepper together until smooth.
- Coat completely both sides of the fish steaks with this mixture, by pressing them with your fingers.
- Mix flour with salt and paprika.
- Then dredge carefully each fish steak in breading mixture.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Once hot, fry the fish over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve the fried trout steaks immediately with an easy side dish of your choice, for example mashed or boiled potatoes, and fresh vegetables.
The Fried Trout Steaks
in Onion-Parsley Marinade recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Fried Trout Steaks in Onion-Parsley Marinade serves/makes: 3 servings
The Fried Trout Steaks in Onion-Parsley Marinade recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed