How to cook Fried Walleye with Kohlrabi
- 4 walleye (zander or pike-perch) fillets, about 6 ounces each
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into half and removed the seeds from center
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 4 small kohlrabi
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute the onion and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and thyme sprigs; cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir the sauce occasionally until it thickens.
- Add the chopped basil, sugar, salt and pepper; remove the thyme sprigs. Keep it warm.
- Peel kohlrabi, cut into thin slices. Cook in boiling salted water until tender, for 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat; drain and place the cooked kohlrabi slices on serving plates.
- Wash the fish fillets and pat dry well. Season with salt and pepper and fry in the hot remaining olive oil for 4 minutes on each side.
- Place the fried fish fillets on top of kohlrabi and pour the prepared sauce.
The Fried Walleye with Kohlrabi
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Fried Walleye with Kohlrabi serves/makes: 4 servings
The Fried Walleye with Kohlrabi recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed