How to cook Frog Legs Piquant
- 15 to 20 large frog legs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained, chopped, liquid reserved
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the oil and 2 tablespoons of the flour to make a roux, stirring constantly until it is light to medium brown, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the butter. Add the onion, celery, green pepper, and garlic, and saute for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the tomato paste, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes with the liquid, chicken broth, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dust the frog legs with the remaining 2 tablespoons flour, seasoned with a small amount of salt and cayenne pepper.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray or a small amount of oil, add the frog legs, and saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the legs to the sauce and simmer, covered, for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve the Frog Legs Piquant over hot steamed rice.
The Frog Legs Piquant recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Frog Legs Piquant serves/makes: 6
The Frog Legs Piquant recipe is adopted from The Tabasco Brand Cookbook by Paul McIlhenny 2004.
Main Ingredient: Wild Game
(more Wild Game
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered