2 - 3
How to cook Frozen Haddock Casserole
- 1 pound (454 g) frozen haddock fillets, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) basil or
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) curry powder
- 1 (19-ounce / 540-mL) can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) flour
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cream
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- Season frozen fillets with salt and pepper.
- Arrange fillets side-by-side into a 9 x 12-inch (23 x 30-cm) glass or ceramic dish.
- In a bowl, mix together basil or curry powder, tomatoes, flour, minced onion and chopped celery.
- Melt butter for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Pour melted butter into tomato mixture pour over fish.
- Cover dish with a lid or waxed paper microwave for 10 minutes on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM'.
- Coat fish with sauce and, if neeeded, microwave fish for 1 to 2 minutes longer, on 'MEDIUM-MAXIMUM'.
- Transfer fish onto a warm plate.
- Beat together egg and cream.
- Mix in Worcestershire sauce beat into tomato sauce.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on 'MEDIUM', stirring after 1 minute.
- Pour over fish.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Here is an easy to prepare fish, coated with a creamy tomato sauce.
Excellent served with rice or mashed potatoes.
This recipe for Frozen Haddock Casserole serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Frozen Haddock Casserole recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Microwave