How to cook Fusilli with Tuna and Pine Nuts
- 1 (6-ounce) can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 12 ounces fusilli pasta 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the fusilli until just tender. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick saucepan, heat the oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Add the scallions, garlic, basil, and oregano and cook until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Add the clam juice, wine, red pepper flakes, and anchovy paste. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4 minutes to reduce slightly. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the pine nuts, capers, tuna, parsley, and lemon juice. Add the pasta, toss well, and let stand for 5 minutes to absorb the liquid. Divide the mixture among 4 bowls and serve.
- HELPFUL HINT: To toast the pine nuts, spread them out on a small baking pan and cook them in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes; shake the pan occasionally to keep the nuts from scorching, and turn them out of the pan as soon as they're done.
The Fusilli with Tuna and Pine Nuts recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Fusilli with Tuna and Pine Nuts serves/makes: 4
The Fusilli with Tuna and Pine Nuts recipe is adopted from the Pasta Light - 1998.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Pasta