4 - 6 servings
How to cook Game Day Cajun Fish Bites
- 1 1/2 pounds walleye or saugeye fillets cut into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (add more if desired)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Horseradish Dipping Sauce (see the recipe below)
Horseradish Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- Heat about half of an inch of oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat (about 360°F).
- Salt and pepper fish pieces to taste then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine pancake mix, breadcrumbs and Cajun seasoning in a large, plastic food storage bag.
- Whisk water and egg in shallow bowl.
- Dip fish in egg wash. Transfer fish to bag and shake to coat with dry ingredients.
- Fry in hot oil for 4-6 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove to plate layered with paper towel.
- Serve the Game Day Cajun Fish Bites hot with horseradish Horseradish Dipping Sauce.
How to cook Horseradish Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup horseradish (partially drained)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Whisk cream in medium bowl until thickened, but not yet holding stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in other ingredients. Transfer to serving bowl and chill at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
The Game Day Cajun Fish Bites with Horseradish Dipping Sauce is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Game Day Cajun Fish Bites serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Game Day Cajun Fish Bites recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed