How to cook Garlic Baked Monkfish
- 2 pounds thick (about 2 inches) monkfish fillets
- 10 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- Several thyme sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 9 tablespoons thyme vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Use half the butter to coat a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold the fish in a single layer, and sprinkle with the garlic and thyme. Lay monkfish fillets on the herbs and dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 5 minutes, and then add 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Now bake and baste twice more until all the vinegar is used. Then bake for another 5 to 15 minutes, basting every 5 minutes, until the fish is opaque.
- (Cut through the thickest part to test. Do not let the fish become flaky or it will lose its lobsterlike texture.) Strain the sauce through a sieve, using a wooden spoon to push the garlic through the screening.
This recipe for Garlic Baked Monkfish serves/makes: 4
The Garlic Baked Monkfish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Monkfish
Preparation Method: Baked