How to cook Garlic Clams
- 2 pounds littleneck clams
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Discard any clams that remain open when tapped with fingers. To clean clams, scrub with stiff brush under cold running water. Soak clams in mixture of 1/3 cup salt to 1 gallon water 20 minutes. Drain water; repeat 2 more times.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until garlic is tender but not brown.
- Add wine, bell pepper, lemon juice and clams. Cover and simmer 3 to 10 minutes or until clams open.
- Transfer clams as they open to large bowl, covering to keep warm.
- Discard any clams that do not open. Increase heat to high.
- Add parsley; boil until liquid is reduced to 1/4 to 1/3 cup. Pour over clams; serve immediately.
The Garlic Clams recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Garlic Clams serves/makes: 4
The Garlic Clams recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered