How to cook Garlic Snails in Pastry
- 24 canned large snails
- 1/4 pound (113 g) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) lemon juice
- Freshly chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) dry white wine
- 1 unbaked pastry shell, divided into 4 parts
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse and well drain snails.
- Drain snails with paper toweling.
- Refrigerate snails.
- Into a casserole, melt butter brown garlic and shallots for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Mix in lemon juice season to taste with thyme, freshly chopped parsley and pepper.
- Mix well cook for 2 minutes, over medium heat.
- Stir in dry white wine simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Mix in reserved snails just reheat.
- Arrange garlic snails into 4 oven-proof individual dishes.
- Top each dish with a pastry shell, of the size of the dish.
- Dampen dough underneath all around with a little water.
- Brush pastry with a little slightly beaten egg yolk.
- Bake into preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until dough is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
Serve the Garlic Snails in Pastry along with fresh bread.
This recipe for Garlic Snails in Pastry serves/makes: 4
The Garlic Snails in Pastry recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snails
Preparation Method: Baked