How to cook Garlic Thyme Crusted Tuna
- 1 pound fresh high-quality tuna steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil spray for grill
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Combine the rub ingredients (garlic, thyme, and salt) in a bowl.
- Rinse and pat dry the tuna steaks. Place on a work surface.
- Sprinkle some of the rubs over one side of the tuna, and gently rub it into the fish. Turn the tuna steaks over, and repeat. Let the tuna rest with the rub for a few minutes.
- Coat the grill with the oil spray. Then place the tuna on the grill. Grill covered on direct heat for 90 seconds. Turn the tuna over, grill for another 90 seconds or so for medium rare tuna.
- Remove the tuna from the grill, and place on a platter.
- Cut the tuna steaks into thin slices, about 1/4 inch.
- Plate several strips of tuna along with your side dish.
- I served the Garlic Thyme Crusted Tuna with one of my favorite side dishes Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
Prep time: 7 mins
Cook time: 3 mins
Total time: 10 mins
The Garlic Thyme Crusted Tuna recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
Grilled tuna with a simple garlic thyme rub makes for an easy and healthy meal. Goes well with Merlot or other medium-bodied red wine.
This recipe for Garlic Thyme Crusted Tuna serves/makes: 4 servings
The Garlic Thyme Crusted Tuna recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled