4 - 6 servings
How to cook Garlicky Pasta with Shrimp and Chard
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, cleaned and patted dry (use fresh or frozen, thawed shrimp)
- 16 ounce whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch chard, stems removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to the package directions, in well-salted water and drain in a colander.
- While pasta is in the colander, drizzle olive oil in the bottom of the same pot and heat over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook, stirring often to prevent burning, for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp, wine, red pepper flakes and kosher salt. Simmer until the shrimp begin to turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Stir in the butter and add the chard to the top of the shrimp mixture. Cover the pot without stirring and let the entire pot cook for 1 additional minute.
- Uncover the pot and stir to combine. The chard should have wilted and the shrimp should be done. Add the pasta back to the pot and combine.
- Serve Garlicky Pasta with Shrimp and Chard hot with shredded Parmesan, fresh diced tomatoes, and cracked black pepper.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
The Garlicky Pasta with Shrimp and Chard recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Garlicky Pasta with Shrimp and Chard serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Garlicky Pasta with Shrimp and Chard recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta