How to cook Genoese Baked Sea Bass with Pesto
- 3 whole sea bass (or sea bream, walleye), about 3/4 - 1 pound each
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (or walnuts*) , toasted until golden and cooled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 lemon half rings
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Peel couple cloves of garlic.Basil leaves wash and let dry.
- In a food processor or blender, combine basil, garlic, olive oil and nuts. Season with salt and add the lemon juice. Blend into a paste.
- Rub the fish with the pesto mixture inside and out. Place lemon half rings in gill slits.
- Caver a baking tray with foil and grease it with olive oil.
- Lay the fish on top and bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Serve the Genoese Baked Sea Bass with Pesto hot with fresh greens, olives, tomato and lemon slices.
The Genoese Baked Sea Bass with Pesto
recipe easy to cook and so good! This recipe is originally from Genoa (Italian, Genova). Genoa is a historical port city in northern Italy.
*The pine nuts are traditiona , but they are to expensive, so you can use walnuts or hazelnuts instead. The taste is slightly different, but still good.
The original pesto
recipe contains cheese, but in this case you can skip it.
This recipe for Genoese Baked Sea Bass with Pesto serves/makes: 3 servings
The Genoese Baked Sea Bass with Pesto recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bass
Preparation Method: Baked