How to cook Georgian Baked Flounder with Yogurt Sauce
- 8 flounder or sole fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups toasted wheat germ
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
- Prepare yogurt sauce (see recipe below)
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Spray baking sheet with vegetable oil spray and place into oven.
- Whisk egg whites in medium bowl until foamy.
- Place wheat germ on large sheet of waxed paper.
- Dip fish fillets into egg whites, then turn fillets in wheat germ, coating lightly.
- Place fish fillets on hot baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake until fish is opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Serve the baked flounder with yogurt sauce alongside.
How to cook Yogurt Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt (plain no-fat)
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Mix yogurt, cilantro, paprika, and green onion in small bowl.
- Refrigerate while preparing fish.
Yogurt Sauce in this Georgian recipe gives a fresh and new taste of the baked flounder.
This recipe for Georgian Baked Flounder with Yogurt Sauce serves/makes: 8
The Georgian Baked Flounder with Yogurt Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked