4 - 6
How to cook Georgian Catfish with Cilantro Sauce
- 2 pounds catfish fillets
- 1 big onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1cup water
- 1cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- Wash fish well,cut in small pieces, place in the pot with salt, pepper, bay leaves, chopped carrot, onion and garlic.
- Add water, bring it to boil. Than reduce the heat and poach for 5-8 minutes.
- Do not overcook the fish, it suppose to be whole, not flaky.
- In a deep serving dish mix the white wine vinegar with some broth and cilantro.
- When fish is ready place hot pieces straight into the sauce.
- Cover the dish and allow to cool down and refrigerate.
- Serve the Catfish with Cilantro Sauce (Loko Kindzmatshi) well chilled with white wine and Georgian Flat Bread.
The Georgian name for the Catfish with Cilantro Sauce recipe is Loko Kindzmatshi
. This recipe is perfect for hot summers a dish that is cool and refreshing.
Here is the recipe of a freshwater fish. The dish is perfect for hot summer days. If you have a lunch with friends what could be better, than nice chilled wine, fresh garden vegetables and meaty fish? This light but still filling meal tastes very delicious. No wonder that a lot of Georgians enjoy catfish so much.
This recipe for Georgian Catfish with Cilantro Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Georgian Catfish with Cilantro Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered