How to cook Georgian Cold Fish in Cilantro Sauce
- 1 pound sole (flounder, fluke or small halibut) fillet
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3/4 cup minced cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Place it in a skillet with the bay leaf and water. Top with chopped onion. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and poach, covered, for 8 - 10 minutes, until the fish is flaky.
- Transfer the fish and onion to a deep serving dish, reserving the broth. Cut the fish into strips. In a bowl mix the vinegar with 1 cup of reserved fish broth.
- Stir in the cilantro. Pour over the fish, cover the bowl, and refrigerate.
- Serve well chilled.
The Georgian name for the Cold Fish in Cilantro Sauce recipe is Tevzi Kindzmarshi
. This recipe is perfect for hot summers a dish that is cool and refreshing.
This recipe for Georgian Cold Fish in Cilantro Sauce serves/makes: 2
The Georgian Cold Fish in Cilantro Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered