How to cook Georgian Grilled Marinated Sturgeon
- 2 pounds sturgeon, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bay leaf, crushed
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Minced scallion
- Lemon wedges
- In a large bowl, mix together the onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf, lemon slices, and vegetable oil.
- Stir in the chunks of fish, tossing to coat them well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal fire. Thread the fish onto skewers. When the coals are ready, grill the fish until just flaky.
- Serve the Grilled Marinated Sturgeon immediately, garnished with minced scallion and lemon wedges.
The Georgian name for the Grilled Marinated Sturgeon recipe is Tatris Basturma
Sturgeons are among the world's most valuable wildlife resources. These northern hemisphere fishes can be found in large river systems, lakes, coastal waters and inner seas throughout Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, China, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Kazakhstan, Romania, the Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, other European countries and North America.
This recipe for Georgian Grilled Marinated Sturgeon serves/makes: 4
The Georgian Grilled Marinated Sturgeon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sturgeon
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled