How to cook Georgian Grilled Trout with Tarragon
- 1 small whole trout, cleaned and slit down the belly
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 4-5 lemon wedges
- 1 large sprig fresh tarragon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Minced fresh tarragon for garnish
- Prepare a charcoal fire and coals have white ash appearing.
- Lightly salt and pepper the insides of the trout. In the cavity place a scallion, lemon slices, and sprig of tarragon.
- Rub the skin of the trout with oil to keep it from sticking to the grill, then cook the fish over a hot coals 4 - 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve the grilled trout garnished with tarragon.
The Georgian name for the Grilled Trout with Tarragon recipe is Shemtsvari Kalmakhi
. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Georgian Grilled Trout with Tarragon serves/makes: 1
The Georgian Grilled Trout with Tarragon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled