How to cook German Blue Eel
- 2 1/2 pounds eel
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Peppercorns Thyme
- 1 lemon
Remoulade Sauce Ingredients:
- Cut up eel in bite-size pieces. Clean and dry.
- Heat vinegar, pour over eel and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water, chopped onion and seasoning.
- Soak for 25 minutes. Serve on a hot platter, garnished with parsley and lemon wedges or slices.
- Serve with Remoulade Sauce (see the recipe below), Potato Salad, or Cucumber Salad.
How to cook Remoulade Sauce
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- /3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons drained capers, rinsed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, anchovy paste and cayenne in a small bowl until smooth.
- Stir in capers and parsley.
The German Blue Eel recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The German name for this recipe is Blau Aal
Eel meat is quite firm with a high fat content and full-bodied, distinctive flavor. The raw flesh is gray but turns lighter when cooked, and it has a small, fine flake.
This recipe for German Blue Eel serves/makes: 6
The German Blue Eel (Blau Aal) recipe is adopted from The German Cookery by Elizabeth Schuler.
Main Ingredient: Eel
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked