How to cook German Easy Grilled Fish Sandwich
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 4 tomato slices (1/4-inch thick)
- 4 lettuce leaves, each about the size of the sandwich roll
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 4 soft sandwich rolls or hamburger buns
- Season fish on both sides with salt and pepper
- Heat up the BBQ or a Grill pan on the stove to medium high.
- Cook fish about 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is cooking, split and toast the rolls. Combine the mayonnaise, onion, relish and capers in a bowl.
- Place a lettuce leaf and slice of tomato on each roll bottom. Top with a grilled tilapia fillet.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mayonnaise-relish mixture over the fish, close the sandwich and serve immediately.
The German Easy Grilled Fish Sandwich is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
If desired, use catfish, cod
etc. (preferably a firm, white fish), instead of tilapia
This recipe for German Easy Grilled Fish Sandwich serves/makes: 4 sandwiches
The German Easy Grilled Fish Sandwich recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Sandwich