How to cook German Fish with Macaroni
- 1 pound smoked trout
- 1/2 pound macaroni
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook macaroni in salted water. Drain.
- Chop up fish. Grease baking dish and arrange layers of macaroni and fish.
- Pour over sauce made from flour and butter, thinned with milk and seasoned with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle top with bread crumbs and dot with butter.
- Bake in a moderate 375°F (190°C) oven until nicely browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
The German Fish with Macaroni recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The German name for this recipe is Fischauflauf mit Makkaroni
This recipe for German Fish with Macaroni serves/makes: 4
The German Fish with Macaroni (Fischauflauf mit Makkaroni) recipe is adopted from The German Cookery by Elizabeth Schuler.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Pasta