How to cook German Fish with Tomato and Bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds whitefish fillets
- 4 to 5 slices fatty bacon
- 1/2 cup sherry or red wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons thin cream or evaporated milk
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Fry the bacon for a few minutes, then add the sherry.
- Divide the fish into 4 or 5 portions and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Place fish on top of bacon. Add the onion and tomatoes.
- Blend the cream with the ketchup and add to the fish. Cover the pan and simmer very gently for 12 to 15 minutes. (Do not cook too quickly or the cream will curdle).
- Place the fish and bacon on a serving platter without breaking the fillets.
- Pour the sauce, onions, and tomatoes over the fish and garnish with parsley and paprika.
- Serve the German Fish with Tomato and Bacon with rice or potatoes.
The German Fish with Tomato and Bacon recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for German Fish with Tomato and Bacon serves/makes: 4
The German Fish with Tomato and Bacon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered