2 - 4
How to cook German Fried Oysters in Dough
- 2 dozen oysters
- Dough Beignette (see the recipe below)
- Fat for deep frying
- 1 lemon, quartered
Dough Beignette - Basic Batter (Beignettenteig) Ingredients:
- Prepare dough.
- Shuck oysters, wash and dry with towel.
- Dip in dough and fry in deep fat until brown and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Garnish with lemon sections and parsley and serve.
How to cook Dough Beignette - Basic Batter (Beignettenteig)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons .sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 jigger of rum
- Warm water
- Fruit of your choice
- It is advisable to mix this batter several hours before using.
- Blend all ingredients and add enough warm water to form a creamy batter. Let cool.
- Dip slices of apples, bananas, pineapple or other fruits in this sweet batter.
- Fry in deep hot fat.
- (For vegetables, meat or fish, prepare an unsweetened batter by eliminating sugar and rum.)
The German Fried Oysters in Dough recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The German name for this recipe is Gebratene Austern in Teig
This recipe for German Fried Oysters in Dough serves/makes: 2 - 4
The German Fried Oysters in Dough (Gebratene Austern in Teig) recipe is adopted from The German Cookery by Elizabeth Schuler.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried