How to cook German Grilled Eel
- 2 1/2 pounds eel
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Skin eel and cut in 2-inch slices.
- Sprinkle with oil and lemon juice; add seasoning to taste.
- Spear on large toothpicks.
- Grill under high heat for 15 minutes, until golden-brown.
- To serve sprinkle with salt and grated Parmesan cheese.
The German Grilled Eel recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The German name for this recipe is Aal nach Trentiner Art
Eel meat is quite firm with a high fat content and full-bodied, distinctive flavor. The raw flesh is gray but turns lighter when cooked, and it has a small, fine flake.
This recipe for German Grilled Eel serves/makes: 6
The German Grilled Eel (Aal nach Trentiner Art) recipe is adopted from The German Cookery by Elizabeth Schuler.
Main Ingredient: Eel
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled