How to cook German Lobster
- 1 lobster (about 2 pounds)
- Clean the lobster in cold water with a brush.
- Half fill a large pot with water. Add salt and other desired seasoning such as vinegar, onions, peppercorns, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil and plunge lobster in head-first. Boil 20 to 30 minutes depending on size of lobster.
- When done, carve with shears lengthwise through the center of the body and tail, and crack claws.
- Leave meat in shell, and arrange attractively on a platter. Serve lukewarm or cold.
- Serve with mayonnaise and bread or, if desired, a vegetable salad garnished with mayonnaise.
The German Lobster recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The German name for this recipe is Hummer
This recipe for German Lobster serves/makes: 2
The German Lobster (Hummer) recipe is adopted from The German Cookery by Elizabeth Schuler.
Main Ingredient: Lobster
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered