How to cook German Marinated Herring
- 24 herring fillets
- 1 quart sour cream
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium-sized onions, sliced
- 3 sour apples, peeled and cut in thin strips
- 1 ounce peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thin
- Wash herring fillets; drain. Arrange in bowl.
- Mix all remaining ingredients; pour over herring.
- Cover and place in refrigerator and let chill and marinate 24 hours.
The German Marinated Herring recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for German Marinated Herring serves/makes: 24 servings
The German Marinated Herring recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked